How to create your own 5-star luxury bedroom
Have you ever spent a weekend at a luxury hotel and said to yourself “I wish this was my bedroom?” As silly as that sounds – the more comfortable, yet minimalistic your bedroom is, the more sound you will likely sleep.
There is a reason why luxury hotels create this vibe – they want you to come back! So it would only make sense that you create this experience for yourself.
Looking to maximize your bedroom comfort but not sure how to do it? See below for my tips on what to do and where to buy:
1. Buy the right sheets and linens: I love Matteo. They are Los Angeles based and they have one simple philosophy: “to awaken the spirit of American manufacturing by fashioning sewn textiles” – meaning everything is hand made and they inspect every single sheet, producing the best quality you can buy.
2. Make sure you have the right lighting: Create the right mood with specific type of lighting that fits your bedroom. Is it a couple of table lamps you need or will a ceiling lamp do the trick? Maybe both! A good place to start would be HD Buttercup, they have all kinds of well-designed lighting options.
3. Curate some good smells: You obviously want an inviting smell in your bedroom – nothing too overpowering though. Try a candle from Diptyque Feu de Bois or Le Labo. They have some of the best scented candles you can buy. Le Labo Santal is my favorite!
4. Try some new window treatments: They say its best to wake up with the sun and keep your room bright, but that’s really not luxury hotel sleep. Try adding some options to your windows, like layering sheer curtains combined with a blackout layer. West Elm is a good place to start.
5. Make sure your room is minimalistic: Like my feng shui practioner Anita Rosenberg said in my interview with her, “Bedrooms have 2 purposes only; recharge your battery through sleep and rejuvenate your spirit through romance” Now even though a luxury hotel may have a TV in the room, I say get rid of it. Lose the plants too and any excess you don’t need or use in there.
6. Choose a cozy palette: Make sure to pick the right paint color for your room, something relaxing and peaceful works best. Nothing too loud or too bright. Portola Paints has some lovely colors.
If you make even a few of these simple changes to your bedroom, you’re guaranteed to have a better nights sleep. Oh and don’t forget some good music to fill the room with ambience. Click here for my Spotify Picks for the month of October.