Luxury Living On The Slopes
It’s the heart of the 2019 ski season and next week is President’s Day. Many families will be taking the week off to travel to their favorite ski destination – some of them looking at the real estate and wondering if it will be a good investment or not.
Any why wouldn’t it? Especially if you travel to these spots often enough or there is a good market to rent your property for the season. But what about the luxury ski resort towns? Are they worth it? Is there a good rental market for these destinations? It all depends on what you are looking for.
Here is a list of some of the best luxury ski towns and why you may consider investing there:
1. Powder Mountain, Eden Utah: This resort is largely undeveloped, you won’t find elegant cuisine, spas, or massive lodges – but that could be a good thing since getting in early could really pay off later.
2. Sun Valley, ID: Sun Valley, in Ketchum Idaho, is known for its popular ski slopes and celebrity sightings, and it’s also a prime shopping destination. For these reasons alone, buying here is still a great option.
3. Aspen, Co: This is one of the pricier ski towns to purchase an investment home in, and the real estate is hard to come by – but if you have the means and there is availability, the value of these luxury homes is second to none, as Aspen is still one of the premier resort towns in this country.
4. Beaver Creek, Co: Beaver Creek is the “small” mountain next to Vail, but it’s known for it’s exclusivity with some of the best ski-in, ski-out homes in the country. With it’s hot chocolate mornings and champagne afternoons, this is one to consider.
5. Jackson Hole, WY: While it’s more difficult to get to, Jackson Hole is a chic, former cowboy town, that now rivals Aspen. It’s quaint and lovely, but the home prices have gone up quite a bit in recent years. It’s charm still makes it worth keeping an eye on.
6. Stowe, Vt: We couldn’t leave out an East Coast destination and because of its location, Stowe is known for its breathtaking natural beauty, which only adds to it’s appeal. Stowe has excellent shopping and restaurants and is also a perfect year round destination, making it an optimal location for a second home.
So whether you’re a skier, snowboarder or just a mountain enthusiast, there are great options to buy a second home in some of the most luxury snow destinations.
If you’d like to learn more or have a property in mind, please contact me and I will see how my team and I can help.